The Pantone Color Institute is a cabal of mysterious folks who meet every year (in secret, no less!) to determine the Color of the Year, ostensibly to guide the sensibilities of fashionistas and florists (who would otherwise, what, be colorless?). This year they’re not seeing red. And they’re not riding a blue wave, either. They’re apparently in a more ecumenical mood, choosing a color that’s a combination of both: Ultra Violet.
The color purple in their book is all about “originality, ingenuity and visionary thinking,” according to pantone.com — plus Bowie, Prince and Jimi Hendrix. So, duly inspired, we asked our own design visionary, Tracy Negoshian, to find high-style examples in which you, too, can strut the color of right now. — dR Editors
1. butter LONDON: Patent shine 10X nail lacquer. Ulta.com
2. Etro: Split-neck long-sleeve paisley cloque Harlem-print tunic dress. Neimanmarcus.com
3. Joe’s Jeans: The Charlie split-hem-ankle skinny jeans in high-rise, five-pocket style with button/zip fly. Perfect style to show off your fall flats. Neimanmarcus.com
4. KENDRA SCOTT: Benson adjustable bracelet in amethyst and 14k yellow gold. Kendrascott.com
5. tieks by Gavrieli: Stylish, comfortable, durable, and foldable – the most versatile flats in the world. tieks.com
6. TRACY NEGOSHIAN: MIA Bell-Sleeve Ponte top in houndstooth. myTNstyle.com